During the first few weeks of school first graders created Mofo's of themselves to use as an introduction to their e-portfolios. The students began by writing their autobiographies during writer's workshop over 2 days. We then practiced voice using a method introduced to me by Bernajean Porter. Then using iPads in small groups we were able to record the voices onto Morfo and then upload the videos to their e-porfolio.
This was a very important activity for students. Students were not creating new learning, but they were taking the time to experiment with a new technology that they would again be using at the end of our first unit of inquiry. I fully believe that students should be introduced and have time to play and learn about new technologies before using them to learn forward.
Resources:
itunes Morfo App
Morfo Tutorial
Wow, Tiffany. I have never heard of Morfo. I am looking for ways to use Web 2.0 tools to help my 5th graders with their writing. They would find this so motivational and engaging. Learning to use this and using it for an authentic audience to share their writing 9in any genre, really) is a terrific idea. I cannot wait to explore and use this resource in my own classroom. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete